Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Faking It.



Given Judaism's concern for the welfare of animals, I've always wondered how anyone who keeps kosher could justify wearing fur. I'm not a fan of PETA's in-your-face tactics, so I'm not going to go into details on the fur industry here, but suffice it to say that animals do not shed their coats like snakes. Ok? They die. If, like me, you lose it when Bambi's mom is killed (or Nemo's mom, for that matter), then do your big, beautiful heart a favor and go faux. Even better, get a fuzzy wuzzy feeling inside and out with Imposter, an online boutique of "I can't believe it's not fur" accessories, with 10% of all sales going to charities benefiting animals. Most of the time, I like to keep it real. But in this case, I'm really proud to be fake.

cbg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating. Please show respect to your fellow commenters, and be cognizant of representing the Jewish people well.